by Jerome A. Wisselman, Esq.
Welcome to our Long Island Divorce and family law BLOG. Here you will find helpful information and our perspective for your divorce and family law questions. Our Long Island matrimonial and family law firm has concentrated on all divorce and family law issues for over 35 years, ranging from divorce, separation, custody and support to more complex issues of asset and property division, parental alienation and parental rights.
It is our intention to provide current, thought-provoking information that will be helpful and amusing to you. You will find a wide variety of topics related to all these issues, including:
- Whose Fault Is It If They Pass “No Fault Divorce” in New York?
- How A “Smart Divorce” May Save You Money In New York Family Court,
- When The Deadbeat Dad Is Really The Mom,
- Prenuptial And Post Nuptial Agreements: Not Just For Millionaires Anymore,
- War Of The Roses: The Harsh Reality In Today’s Economic Times,
- Parental Alienation: The Enemy Of The Child,
- Client Confidentiality: When It Is Not Such A “Privilege,”
- Mandated Reporting Of Abuse: Safeguard Or Sentence?
- Facebook, U Tube and Cell Phones: The latest in Divorce Weaponry
These and more will be discussed on our BLOG site. Please let us know what topics you’d like us to address, and we’ll be sure to give you our point of view.
In addition, we will update you about the different events we offer to those seeking advice, support and discussion. These meet-ups are complimentary to all who are interested in attending.
- Wed. August 4, 2010 at 6:00 pm, attorney Lloyd Rosen will discuss Fathers’ Rights and Divorce. This is designed to help dads protect their legal rights and the right to be with their children. It will include visitation, support, fighting for custody, modification of child support and responding to reports of domestic violence.
- Wed. August 11, 2010 at 6:00 pm, attorney Lloyd Rosen will present How to Have a Smart Divorce. This will address how to deal with divorce in tough economic times and the needed changes in strategy. How and when do you modify child support if your finances (or your ex spouse’s finances) have changed since the divorce.
- Thur. August 5, 2010 at 6:00 pm, our twice monthly Long Island Divorce Group will meet. This is a free legal clinic and support group for New Yorkers who are thinking about separating or divorcing and who want to better understand the legal issues involved, as well as those already divorced who have post divorce questions. Topics include grounds for divorce, financial issues of divorce, custody, pre and post nuptial agreements, and any other questions brought by participants. The groups are led by attorneys Jacqueline Harounian, Lloyd Rosen, or Jerome Wisselman.