Divorce Lawyer Serving Floral Park
Legal battles are grueling, and family disputes are emotionally draining. Family law, therefore, is one of the most complex and stressful legal matters a person can ever endure.
Whether you are considering filing for divorce or working your way through the proceeding, it can be extremely challenging. The person you once thought would be your lifetime partner is now someone from whom you want or need physical and legal separation. And if the matter ultimately goes to trial, the arrangement the judge establishes may affect your financial security, your rights to property or business ownership, how often you see your children, and much more.
Because the stakes are so high, you will need the skills of an experienced legal team in New York. At Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C., our legal team is committed to preserving the rights and best interests of families in Floral Park. With over four decades of experience, we understand what you are going through. When you work with us, you will benefit from not only our trusted legal counsel but also our genuine compassion for you and your family.
Call our Floral Park divorce attorney at 516-773-8300 today for fully personalized counsel and representation.
What Our Legal Team Can Do for You
In our experience, we have learned that every divorce is unique. Therefore, we provide every case with individualized care, one-on-one attention, and a customized strategy developed for each client. Because of our years of careful work and meticulous attention to detail, we have the skills needed to handle a wide variety of issues in family law and divorce proceedings.
Here are just a few of the case types we handle in Floral Park:
- Legal Separation. In New York, legal separation is often considered a stepping-stone to divorce. It provides the couple with an opportunity to develop an arrangement before finalizing the terms. We will help you understand the subtle yet significant differences between legal separation and divorce, so you can then make the most appropriate decision for your family.
- Equitable Distribution of Marital Property. New York is an equitable distribution state rather than a community property state. Therefore, the court will not necessarily divide marital property 50/50. Instead, the judge will establish a fair arrangement by considering a variety of factors, such as the length of the marriage, each spouse’s income, existence of separate property, and more.
- Child or Spousal Support. Child and spousal support help a dependent spouse separate from their partner without compromising their financial security. Our legal professionals will help advocate for the best interests of both you and your child(ren).
- Mediation. Typically, mediation is not as time-consuming, expensive, or stressful as litigated divorce. Our team can help you and your spouse come to a fair agreement without having to set foot in a courtroom.
- Religious Divorce. Every religion has its own customs and regulations regarding divorce. We have years of experience helping clients of a wide variety of faiths overcome the unique challenges of their divorce proceeding.
- LGBTQ Family Law. While the federal government legalized same-sex marriage in 2015, members of the LGBTQ community continue to require representation for family issues involving adoption, fertility and conception decisions, custody and support. With the help of our experienced attorneys, many if these can be agreed upon if partners are or are not married.
In every case, our goal is to empower families by helping them understand and advocate for their rights. We will work closely with you and your family, listen to your situation and needs, and fight tirelessly for the best possible resolution for your case.
Contact Wisselman, Harounian & Associates,P.C. for the Support You Deserve
Our legal professionals have 150+ years of combined experience. When you work with us, you can expect time-tested litigation techniques, years of rigorous training and practice, and a level of empathy that only comes from serving thousands of families in New York. We are committed to the Floral Park community, and we look forward to dedicating our time to your case.