​When family life gets complicated, your world can change overnight. It is normal to feel blindsided, overwhelmed, and unprepared.  It is easy to feel angry, scared and emotional. We understand what you are going through, and we are here to help. Our law firm has been around for nearly 50 years, and we have helped thousands of clients move forward with their lives.  If you are not happy with your current lawyer, and want to change counsel, we can help with that too.  Here are the steps to get started with your case:

            How to Start a New Divorce Case OR Change Lawyers if You are Unhappy with Your Lawyer

  1. Contact our firm at 516 773-8300 so we can learn more about your situation. During the intake, we can answer some of your questions about the process and meeting with an attorney.
  2. Next, a free consultation with an experienced attorney will be scheduled at your convenience.  You will have a private meeting with one of our lawyers or mediators in the office or on Zoom.  We will give you information about your legal options, possible outcomes, obstacles, time frame and costs.  All details will be kept confidential.
  3. Once you retain us, we will create a strategy to get you the best possible outcome in your case.  You will meet with your attorney and other support staff on a regular basis to discuss your concerns, questions and goals.
  4. If you are changing lawyers, we will take care of all the paperwork. We will notify your prior lawyer for you, obtain your file and your final bill, and also notify the court so that we are ready to appear for you and meet all deadlines.  If your case is already scheduled for trial, you will meet with one of our partners to discuss trial strategy and settlement options.
Call (516) 773-8300 or contact us online today. Click here for a consultation!