Glen Oaks Divorce Attorneys
Wisselman, Harounian & Associates – 516-773-8300
Divorce is not easy. For many, it can be an overwhelming experience that feels like your life is being turned upside down. For others, there are a number of challenges related to dealing with change of parenting schedules, household income and division of assets. When you come to Wisselman, Harounian & Associates in Glen Oaks, New York, you can work with a team of divorce lawyers and mediators who are dedicated to making this life transition easier through honest, reliable, and compassionate legal representation.
The members of our law firm are familiar with all facets of family law in New York, capable of serving as your legal guides, no matter the details that are unfolding in your divorce. We are also well-versed in areas of the law that complement family law, such as estate planning and real estate law. We also handle family offense matters and orders of protection. From the straight forward to the highly complex, there are no divorce cases that we cannot help with.
Talk to a member of our Glen Oaks law firm today about your divorce or family law issue. Contact us now.
Divorce Issues We Can Handle on Your Behalf
Dealing with a divorce and all of the legal, financial and psychological demands it can bring can sometimes feel like it is too much to handle. Understandably, you may just want to try to avoid the process as much as you can, focusing on your family, work, and social life, etc., instead of your divorce case. To let you deal with your divorce on your terms, our Glen Oaks family law attorneys are here to guide you and direct you to the right process, whether it is an uncontested divorce, mediation, or negotiation process. Some cases do have to go to court. Most of our clients have us act on their behalf, representing them in and out of the courtroom from the start of their divorce process to its conclusion. Our extensive experience with all aspects of a divorce and family law is the reason why we are a leading firm.
Let us know if you need assistance with any of these divorce issues and more:
- Child custody: Child custody can be the most difficult and heart wrenching portion of a divorce or family transition. No parent likes the thought of losing primary custody of their child, which causes them to fight for their parenting rights. Our team is here to support and direct you during your child custody case, as well as ensure whatever is done benefits your child first and foremost.
- Child support: New York has laws in place regarding the payment of child support, educational and medical expenses. Even with joint custody and shared custody, a payment of child support might be required. New York prioritizes a child’s wellbeing before anything else during a divorce.
- Fertility law: Are you thinking of starting a family of your own? You might be surprised by how complex fertility and custody laws can be. Our Glen Oaks attorneys are here to help you navigate the law and any associated processes regarding IVF and reproductive technology.
- LGBTQ family law: Wisselman, Harounian & Associates is a proud ally of the LGBTQ+ community. If you’re in a same-sex marriage and need to file for divorce, we would be happy to provide you with all of the necessary legal guidance. These include questions regarding adoption, cohabitation agreements and prenups. We are happy to answer all of your concerns.
- Mediation: Divorce litigation is not the best option for everyone. In fact, we believe that many divorcing couples can benefit from mediation. During mediation, you and your spouse sit with a neutral mediator, who helps guide the process, encourages cooperation, and answers legal questions. Ultimately, though, you and your spouse make all the important decisions on your own. The goal is to have a relatively quick, amicable and inexpensive process that stays out of court.
- Paternity: If you are wondering if you really are the father of your child, or if you need to find the real father of your child for legal purposes, we can help with paternity cases and inquiries. Establishing paternity is a must in many child custody and visitation cases.
- Property division: New York is an equitable distribution state when it comes to property division during a divorce. Assets, finances, property, and debt will be distributed between you and your spouse based on what is fair and equitable, not what is equal. Our team is here to guide or represent you with regard to businesses, real estate, commingled assets, inheritance and separate property.
- Spousal support: When there is a significant disparity between the income of one spouse and the other, spousal support may be ordered by the court to help keep the spouse of lesser income financially afloat after divorce. As your legal representatives, we can help ensure spousal support payments are reasonable whether you are the one paying or not.